How-to Tips on Roofing, Shingles, Making Roof Repairs and Other Roofing Topics
||Installing roofing shingles and shingle repair projects can be done by DIY homeowners however safety precautions have to be taken. There are a myriad of residential roofing materials to choose from.
A roof protects a dwelling from rain, snow, ice, sun and wind, and consequently it is important that it be well maintained. Periodic roof inspections should be conducted to check for missing or damaged shingles. Shingle repairs should be made quickly to prevent water damage within the home.
There is a wide assortment of roofing materials to choose from if you are in the market for building a home or shingling a roof. Available roofing materials include asphalt roofing shingles, metal roofs, cedar shakes, membrane roofs, and even slate roofs.
Included below are numerous articles and videos on shingling roofs, roofing materials and how to instructions on installing roofing shingles. We also discuss how to go about hiring the right roofing contractor to ensure a quality shingled roof.
Asphalt Shingle Roofing Calculator
- Ridge Vents Video
- Soffit Vents Video
- Wet and Forget Product Review Video
- Ice Melt Socks and Ice Dam Removal Video
Do it Yourself Homeowner Tips on Installing Roofing Shingles
- DIY Roofing Tips
- Cold Weather Roofing
- Ridge Vent Installation
- Temporary Roof Repair
- How to Shingle a Valley
- Applying Roofing Cement
- How to Inspect Your Roof
- How to Shingle Your Roof
- Repair Flat Shingled Roof
- Gambrel Roof Style Homes
- Tips for Fixing a Roof Leak
- What is a Chimney Cricket?
- What is a Square of Shingles?
- Installing Cedar Roof Shingles
- How to Shingle a Gazebo Roof
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing Repair
- Why Remove old Roof Shingles
- How Long to Install a New Roof
- Removing Moss from Your Roof
- Asphalt Roof Shingle Installation
- Does Your Home Need a New Roof
- How to Replace Roof Step Flashing
- Removing Old Asphalt Roof Shingles
- Information Regarding Roof Permits
- Discovering Fiberglass Roofing Panels
- Installing a Ridge Vent on a Garage Roof
- Corrugated Roofing Material Advantages
- Cupping and Curling Asphalt Roof Shingles
- Ice and Water Shield Roofing Underlayment
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing Contractor Hiring Guide
- Tying in New Home Addition Roof into Existing Roof Line
- Different Roofing Materials and Determining Roofing Costs
- Selecting the Right Asphalt Roofing Shingles for Your Home
- Roofing Nail Gun Types and What To Look for When Buying One
- Roofing Questions and Answers on Shingling New Roofs and Re-Roofing
- Solar Roof Shingles
- Starter Strip Shingles
- Wood Shingle Roofing
- Asphalt Roof Felt Paper
- Roofing Material Weights
- Cedar Shingles and Roofing
- Asphalt Shingles and Roofing
- Fiberglass Shingles and Roofing
- Synthetic Slate Roofing Shingles
- Architectural Shingles vs 3-Tab Asphalt Shingles
- Slate Roofing Tile Adds Classic Beauty to a Home
- Metal Roof Installation and Metal Roof Shingle Advancements
Other Roofing Tips
- Ice Melt Socks
- Sheathing a Roof
- Roof Maintenance
- Ice Dams on Roofs
- Roof Snow Removal
- Preventing Ice Dams
- Deicing Roof Heat Cable
- Chimney Flashing Leaks
- Checking for Roof Leaks
- Flat Roof Covering Types
- How to Prevent Roof Ice Dams
- Removing Moss from Roof Shingles
- Snow Roof Rakes for Roof Snow Removal
How to Hire the Right Roofing Contractor – Know what questions to Ask!
Additional Roofing Resources from Amazon.com
For more help on Shingling Your Home’s Roof, see HomeAdditionPlus.com’s Asphalt Shingle Roofing Bid Sheet. The Asphalt Shingle Roofing Bid Sheet will help to ensure that your roof won’t end up with a blue tarp over it and a dumpster sitting in your yard for weeks as you wait for the roofing contractor to come back and finish roofing your home.
Roofing Price Quotes For FREE, No Obligation!
Fill out our 3-5 minute quick and easy form, and receive a free price quote on roofing from one of our pre-screened and licensed roofing contractors. This process is free and there is no obligation to continue once you receive your roofing price estimate.