Interior and Exterior House Painting Topics
||Exterior house paint is the first line of defense in protecting your home from water and ultraviolet light damage, and interior house paint provides an expression of your personality.
DIY house painting is a great way to save money and protect your largest financial investment.
When deciding to tackle a house painting or staining project there are a number of key factors that you first need to decide upon.
Besides choosing the right stain or paint colors, you will also need to consider other items such as site preparation, use of primer, whether to use latex or oil based paint, and whether to apply the stain or house paint with a sprayer, paint roller, and/or paint brushes.
Included in the articles below is a compilation of stain and house painting tips. Besides instructions on how to house paint, we also provide tips on choosing the appropriate house paint from the myriad of color choices available on the market today. So whether you are planning an interior house painting project or exterior house painting project, we can help to make sure your home has both great curb appeal and inner beauty.
House Painting and Staining Videos
- Extension Ladders Video
- How to Stain Wood Video
- Masking Tape Types Video
- Staining Window Trim Video
- Krylon’s Exterior Wood Stain Video
- Painting Exterior Wood Trim Tip Video
- Exterior Painting Using a Boom Lift Video
- How to Remove Ceiling Water Stains Video
- Removing Tough Sticking Masking Tape Video
House Painting and Staining Articles
- Deck Staining
- Staining Wood
- Painting a Ceiling
- Faux Wall Finishes
- Home Painting Tips
- Masking Tape Types
- Staining New Windows
- Painting Wood Shutters
- Faux Painting Techniques
- Top 10 House Painting Tips
- How to Clean Painted Walls
- How to Select a Paint Roller
- How to Paint Cut Wall Edges
- How to Paint a Door Properly
- When to Paint Baseboard Trim
- How to Fix Uneven Wood Stain
- Why Priming Wood is Necessary
- How to Paint Steel Garage Doors
- Purdy Paint Brush Product Review
- Decorative Wall Painting Techniques
- DIY Exterior Painting of a New Home
- DIY Exterior Painting of an Old House
- Lead Paint Testing and RRP Certification
- Oil based Paint versus Latex based Paint
- Touch Up Painting of Interior Wood Trim
- How to Paint a Room and Hide Dark Paint
- Best Weather for Exterior House Painting
- Staining Windows versus Painting Windows
- Removing Paint from Glass with Razor Blade
- Exterior Paint Schemes for Historical Houses
- Fiberglass versus Aluminum Extension Ladders
- How to Stain Deck with Solid Acrylic Deck Stain
- A Paint Professional’s Guide to Exterior Painting
- Kryon’s Exterior Wood Stain in a Convenient Spray Can
- How to Avoid Problems Painting Aluminum and Vinyl Siding
- Painting Ceramic Tile and Decorative Painting Ceramic Tile
- Lower your Home’s Energy Costs with Insulating Paint Additives
Interior Painting and Staining Articles
- Painting New Drywall
- How to Spackle a Wall
- How to Paint a Ceiling
- How to Choose Safe Interior Paint Colors
- Painting Kitchen Cabinet Doors and Drawers
- How to Pre-Finish Wood Trim Prior to Installation
For more help on building a home addition, see HomeAdditionPlus.com’s Home Addition Bid Sheets. Our Home Addition Bid Sheets provide you with the knowledge and information on how to plan a home building project, and what to look for when hiring contractors. They also include detailed cost breakdown tables and spreadsheets for estimating your own new home construction building costs.
Free Home Addition Price Quotes with No Obligation!
Fill out our 3-5 minute quick and easy form, and receive a free price quote on a home addition from one of our prescreened and licensed home addition contractors. This process is free and there is no obligation to continue once you receive your home addition price estimate.