What to look for when Buying Replacement Vinyl Windows
By Mark J. Donovan
|Replacement vinyl windows are made from polyvinyl chloride, also known as PVC. Replacement vinyl windows are the most popular windows on the market today for home and window remodeling. They are extremely energy efficient and durable, come in many different styles and colors, and are virtually maintenance free.
Replacement vinyl windows are available in a wide variety of styles, sizes and shapes. They are also relatively inexpensive compared to other window options.
Replacement vinyl windows come in double and even triple panes to provide the ultimate in heating / cooling cost saving options.
Due to the fact that vinyl (PVC) is a poor conductor of heat and cold, replacement vinyl windows are extremely energy efficient. Replacement vinyl windows are offered in variety of different R-Insulation factor values to provide for various levels of energy efficiency. The higher the R-Factor, the more energy efficient the window is.
The installation of Replacement vinyl windows is quick and easy. Frequently, a skilled window contractor can install all new vinyl replacement windows in a home within a couple of days.
If you need more help on choosing the right window replacement for your home, contact one of our pre-screened window installation contractors. They can help you select the replacement windows that are right for your home and budget, and perform the installation.
For more information on Installing Replacement Windows and Interior Window Trim
- See the Installing a New Window Ebook from HomeAdditionPlus.com. The Installing a New Window Ebook provides easy to understand, step-by-step instructions, on how to remove an old window and install a new one. Pictures are included for every key step in the process.
- See the Installing Interior Window Trim Ebook from HomeAdditionPlus.com. The Installing Interior Window Trim Ebook provides easy to understand, step-by-step instructions, on how to install interior window trim around a window. Pictures are included for every key step in the process.
- Wood Window Replacement Installation Guidance
- The Benefits of Installing Skylights
- Window Installation Cost Estimates
Additional Window Installation and Maintenance Resources from Amazon.com
Get Free Window Price Quotes, No Obligation!
Fill out our 3-5 minute quick and easy form, and receive a free price quote on windows from one of our prescreened and licensed window contractors. This process is free and there is no obligation to continue once you receive your window replacement price estimate.