Attic Remodeling and Conversions and Other Attic Topics
|Before embarking on an Attic Conversion or Attic Remodeling project, you first need to consider existing Attic Framing, Insulation and Access
In many cases an attic can be a great space for creating more living space in your home. However, your attic must first be assessed by a licensed contractor or building inspector to determine if it is structurally strong enough to support an attic renovation or conversion project.
The attic is also a great place for storing and forgetting about your old and unused possessions.
At least twice a year you should inspect your attic for water damage and insulation problems. One of the best ways to determine if you need a new roof is to look for water stains on the attic ceiling.
Included in the articles and videos below are helpful attic conversion, attic remodeling and attic renovation tips.
In addition, we also provide a wealth of information on attic insulation, attic ventilation, and attic ladder and door installations.
We also discuss how to go about actually converting an attic into a finished living space and hiring the right Attic Conversion contractor.
Attic Conversion and Attic Videos
- Attic Ventilation Systems Video
- Install an Insulated Attic Door Opening Video
- Install Skylights in Finished Attic Addition Video
- How to Install Knee Wall Storage Space in a Finished Attic Video
Installing Attic Insulation and Fans, Attic Ventilation, and Preventing Ice Dams
- Soffit Vents
- Attic Moisture
- Attic Ventilation
- Soffit Vent Types
- Whole House Fans
- Attic Insulation Tips
- Installing Gable Vents
- Frost Forming in Attic
- Ice Damming Prevention
- Attic Ventilation Control
- Solar Powered Attic Fans
- Attic Renovation Projects
- How to Insulate Attic Stairs
- Insulating and Ventilating Attics
- How to Resolve Ice Dams Quickly
- Why You Should Install an Attic Fan
- Is Your Home Adequately Ventilated?
- Attic Fans Save Big on Air Conditioning Costs
- How to Prevent Ice Dams – Start in Your Attic
Retractable Attic Stairs
- Attic Door Insulation
- Attic Stair Maintenance
- Installing an Attic Ladder
- Retractable Attic Stair Types
- Installing Retractable Attic Stairs
- Attic Tents for Folding Attic Stairs
Attic Additions, Attic Conversion or Renovation Projects
- Finishing an Attic
- Attic Crawl Space
- How to Finish an Attic
- Attic Living Space Ideas
- Adding an Attic Bedroom
- Framing an Attic Addition
- Attic Bedroom Conversion
- Attic Remodeling Planning
- Planning an Attic Conversion
- Attic Remodeling Ideas and Considerations
Other Attic Topics
For help on Attic Conversion and Attic Renovation Projects, see HomeAdditionPlus.com’s Attic Conversion Bid Sheet. The Attic Conversion Bid sheet will help to ensure that you hire the right contractor so that your attic conversion project is built correctly, on time and budget.
Additional Attic Conversion and Remodeling Design Resources
Free Home Addition / Attic Conversion Price Quotes with No Obligation!
Fill out our 3-5 minute quick and easy form, and receive a free price quote on a attic conversion from one of our pre-screened and licensed home remodeling contractors. This process is free and there is no obligation to continue once you receive your attic conversion price estimate.